Friday, October 12, 2012

Our Million-Dollar-Winning Halloween Costumes

I'm starting to think about Halloween costumes early this year. Normally, I wait until the absolute last minute, at which point I'm either going to hit it out of the park or get stuck with a stupid idea. Usually I manage to come up with a fun idea that, thankfully, requires very little work. (See previous years: Spaghetti Cat, Lacey from Rock of Love.)

It's basically the same costume, plus or minus pasta and VIP pass.

However, last year was a total fail. I wound up having no ideas and a party to go to in like half an hour, so I put on Matt's Aggie overalls and called it a costume. It was super embarrassing for my Sooner self. I'm not showing you a picture of that.

But this year! Oh this year I started thinking about it at the end of September. And while watching the season premiere of one of our favorite shows, The Amazing Race, it occurred to me — our first ever couples' costume should be a team competing for the $1,000,000 prize!

Here's what we will need to make this happen:

Halloween Costume
T-shirt; Shorts; Bandana; Backpack: Athletic Shoes. And some swagger. Also, maybe a made-up yellow and red clue card.

Luckily we already have pretty much everything we need to do this costume, except that I'll probably go to Hobby Lobby and get us matching T-shirts for $4 or something.

What are you going to be for Halloween?

5 comments

  1. I want to see that picture with the Aggie overalls!

    I really loved our costume last year although I was sad that more of our friends didn't have cable when they were younger so they didn't watch Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nick. I really love that I can keep wearing that shirt after Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our best was Jessie Spano and AC Slater. Toping it is tough, but we're thinking of doing Peg and Al Bundy this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really great idea! E and I love the Amazing Race too, and it's so easy to get that costume together! We never really do couples costumes. One year we didn't intend to, but everyone thought we were from Mad Men. We went with it. My go to costume is Minnie Mouse since I have everything on hand. But I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! We never dress up for Halloween, because we never have anywhere to go, haha

    ReplyDelete