Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shoe Re-do

Remember these shoes? My cat chewed the original bows off the toes, so I tried to make them wearable again with these metal thingies.


They were cute for about four hours, until the metal thingies popped off while I was at work.

After that the shoes sat in my closet for a couple of months, because I didn't really feel like wearing them. But now that all the bright colors are back for spring, it was time to break them out again and fix them once and for all. These fabric flowers stuck much more easily than the metal did with just a little hot-gluing, and have already survived 6+ hours walking around a mall (though I barely did). I call that a success!


Much better, and much more fitting for spring.

Have you done any little DIY projects lately?

1 comment

  1. Those look so cute! I actually think I prefer the flowers to the metal thingies. And they're perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete